Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
At SERVPRO of Lompoc we aim each day to be a responsive partner in remediation and restoration process.
In a water damage restoration project the goal is to focus on the things we are able to change. We’re not able to wind back the clock, but what we are able to do is to make it “Like it never even happened.” We address the damage and bring properties back to pre-damage states.
Our Lompoc area restoration team regularly addresses water damage throughout the city. We have the expertise and tools to help whatever size water damage project or complication.
Residential and commercial properties in the greater Lompoc area are in good hands.
Below are some tips about steps to take after suffering commercial or residential water damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (805) 733-8911
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.